This post may contain affiliate links where we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
We’ve made some big changes to our lives this year. Celebrating the holidays is going to be better than ever even though we’re living as frugally as possible. A lot of being frugal around the holidays is focusing more on time together than buying gifts. This year I have a holiday bucket list for our family to make things more special. You can do the same with your family.
That’s why I wanted to get a head start sharing our family holiday bucket list.
My partner and I are spending our 3rd Christmas together already! How time flies. It’s been a hard transition to this new life but now we have some great work-life balance so it’s easier to make the holidays social.
Here’s my Christmas activity list
- Visit Santa and get photos
- Check out some holiday light displays
- Watch Christmas movies as a family
- Read Christmas stories to the kids
- Have the kids make Christmas cards to send to family
- Make holiday gifts for family members
- String popcorn garland
- Bake cookies together
- Make some home made Christmas decorations
- Wrap presents together
- Write and send letters to Santa
- Have a hot chocolate family party
- Go to a local Christmas party
- Make gifts for teachers
- Sing Christmas carols at home
Due to personal circumstances we haven’t introduced the kids to religion but I grew up attending a Christmas church service every year. Your family also might enjoy spending time teaching or celebrating the biblical story of Christmas too.
Maybe put on some Christmas carols and get yourself into the Christmas spirit while you fill that out. You can also do a bucket list for you and your partner to make the season special and romantic.