My kids are scavenger hunt obsessed! They’re always thrilled to come home from activities only to find one set up throughout the house. This one was no exception! It’s a cute pumpkin themed printable scavenger hunt that’s super easy to customize and set up. What a great way to kick start fall!
To make your very own pumpkin scavenger hunt:
- Print out several small pumpkins (I used the clipart below and tiled it to print 9 pumpkins).
- Label the pumpkins (I used numbers 1-9).
- Hide each pumpkin and write riddles to the corresponding numbers.
- Read out the clues one by one and get your little one hunting!
You can tailor the difficulty of the clues to any age group. I used clues like “This pumpkin is very cold” for the one hiding in the freezer in the hunt for my preschooler. When I involve my first grader her clues will be more like “This pumpkin is hiding with something that starts with “A”.
Learning variations for homeschooling:
- Print 26 and write the alphabet on them. Hide with the an object that starts with the corresponding letter.
- Print 2 sets if you have children of different skill levels playing together and hide separately.
- Focus on a specific skill you’re working on like colours, place (over/under/behind), or rhyming with your clues.
- Make the pumpkins spell a secret message when found.
- Instead of numbers put a math equation (clue #2 pumpkin says 7-5, etc).
- Or use sight words and incorporate them into the clues (I” nearly SAT on this pumpkin”).
- Have the kids hide the pumpkins and make up their own clues for you to find.
More ways to play with this printable pumpkin scavenger hunt idea:
- Join some friends at the park for an outdoor hunt.
- Hide some prizes with the pumpkins or at the end.
- Instead of printing out the scavenger hunt, find small pumpkins or buy fake ones from the dollar store to hide.
- Go one step further and hide the pumpkins around a local park.
Hopefully you have as much fun with this printable pumpkin scavenger hunt idea as we did! Happy hunting and happy fall!