This post may contain affiliate links where we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
So you going to Disneyland or Walt Disney World and trying to make it as magical as possible? Need some ways to make your Disney trip amazing? We’ve got some tips to help you along.
Table of Contents
How to make your Disney trip amazing
1. Don’t stress out! This is the most important tip that you need. Read on for 99 other ways to have an amazing Disneyland or Walt Disney World vacation.
Before your Disney vacation
- Decide which park you want to visit (Disneyland or Disney World?)
- Watch Disney movies to get hyped.
- Make sure you have great transportation from the hotel to the park.
- Buy awesome luggage and travel accessories.
- Invest in a great pair of walking shoes.
- Make a packing list.
- Create a daily food budget.
- Figure out your trip costs.
- Get to know the park attractions.
- Check that your stroller isn’t too big.
- Make an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- Earn extra spending money.
- Buy matching outfits for your family.
- Pre book any private tours or dining.
- Plan for events (or Galaxy’s Edge).
- Choose between a hotel, home rental, or Disney resort.
- Decide whether or not your kids are ready for a Disney vacation.
- Familiarize yourself as much as possible with the park so you don’t waste time looking things up.
- Consider buying costumes in advance.
- Brush up on the park rules so there’s no surprises when you arrive.
- You can get all kinds of custom Minnie ears if the park ones just don’t do it for you.
- Plan a fun countdown so your kids (and you) can anticipate the trip!
- As you get closer to your trip date look at what rides are closed. When we visited Disneyland the entire castle was hidden for refurbishment!
- Consider getting tickets with Extra Magic Hours to take advantage of busy rides when there’s less people in the park.
- Find out the best places to meet your favourite character.
- Decide how long your Disney trip will be
At the Park
- Consider buying Photopass.
- Pack lots of water or get it free at restuaraunts.
- Bring something to eat.
- If you have small kids take advantage of Rider Switch.
- Get a map or use the app to find your way around.
- Make use of Fastpasses.
- Some Disney attractions are better at night so plan accordingly!
- Make sure you collect park freebies like pins.
- Have a plan in place in case your party gets seperated.
- Have a daily packing list so you don’t forget anything for the park, especially if your hotel isn’t close.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen and a light jacket, it can be hot in the day and cool at night.
- Fireworks and other evening shows are on schedules so make sure to check those out and plan around what you want to see.
- Other shows are on a schedule too but you will most definitely stumble upon some by accident!
- If you like to drink alcohol, there’s plenty of places in Walt Disney World parks and Disney’s California Adventure to find a drink but in Disneyland the one an only place for booze is the new Oga’s Cantina that’s part of Galaxy’s Edge.
More Disney Park tips
- In Disneyland, the bathrooms can be kind of crowded. There’s on in particular near the Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland that has a long line and poor conditions. Instead, head around the corner for a much better washroom.
- Speaking of Frontierland, the Golden Horseshoe is the best place to pop in for lunch even if you packed your own snacks. There’s frequent shows, plenty of seating, and air conditioning.
- Fastpasses in Disney World parks let you make selections in advance. Plan your day ahead of time for the best results!
- Consider park hopping if you don’t have a lot of time or want to travel between parks.
- If you’re staying in an official Disney resort you can have your park purchases sent to your room. Great if you don’t want to carry everything!
- Single rider lines are a great way to ride busy rides without a Fastpass. You might need to ask a Cast Member for help though – Disneyland’s Splash Mountain’s single rider line is next to the exit!
- The wait time signs for the lines are usually pretty accurate.
- If you have the park app you can play games while waiting in line for certain popular rides, like Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Photopass photographers will take pictures with your camera too! No charge!
- Ride indoor, slow moving, and water rides when it’s at a hotter part of the day to cool off – like Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Ordering food through the app can help save time or keep you from standing in busy lines
- The best place to meet Mickey mouse in Disneyland it at his house in Toon Town. In Walt Disney World you’ll find him many places like the Town Square Theatre in Magic Kingdom.
- Pick up some Disney park pins and get started trading.
Make your Disney trip AMAZING At the hotel
- Make sure you get lots of rest at the end of each day so you’re ready for the next morning.
- Bring a pop up laundry hamper with you to keep the hotel room clean.
- If you have a kitchen, consider grocery shopping or having groceries delivered. Just don’t overbuy!
- Consider booking a suite if you have small kids so everyone can sleep better.
- If breakfast is included you can save some money by eating as much as you can and in the morning and just snacking for lunch.
- Get to know the transportation to and from your hotel to the park – inquire about any shuttles and their schedule.
- Some additional charges at hotels include parking, resort fees, and housekeeping – they aren’t included in your booking price.