One of my favorite holidays is almost here, Halloween! Which means it’s time to decorate and get spooky! One of the best things about Halloween is the many cool themed desserts you can make. I made these Chocolate covered strawberry ghosts for Halloween with my kids not long ago and they were an absolute hit!
Not only were they easy and fun to make but they tasted so good! They would be perfect to bring to a Halloween party or for your kids’ classroom.
What You Will Need to Make These Strawberry Ghosts
To make this super cute chocolate covered strawberry ghosts you will need fresh whole strawberries, 1 bag of white candy melts (around 2 and a half cups), black food gel or you could buy some black candy melts, a tray or a baking pan, and a piping bag with a small round tip.
Tip: If you don’t have a piping bag and don’t feel the need to buy you can also use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off. Just watch how big you cut the hole!
- Before you can begin make sure you wash your strawberries really well and allow lots of time for them to dry. The chocolate won’t stick well if they are still damp.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of your white candy melts, put the rest into a microwave safe container.
- Microwave in 20 second intervals to melt, stirring well in between each one. (You can also melt in a pot on the stove, but I found this to be a safer option with kids).
- While the chocolate is still hot, dip your strawberry in while holding onto the stem. If your kids are helping, make sure they are careful, so they don’t get burned.
- Carefully set the chocolate covered strawberry on your tray and let it set. Make sure you allow them to really set. Now is a great time to clean up or watch a Halloween movie!
- Once your chocolate has hardened, melt the remaining white chocolate, then add enough food coloring to make it black (you can also use black candy melts instead)
- Put the black chocolate in your pipping bag and decorate your ghosts with whatever style face you like. Be creative and have fun!
- Chill until you are ready to serve.
Super simple, yet so delicious! These chocolate covered strawberry ghosts for Halloween make the perfect treat to enjoy before or after trick-or-treating, and to me one of the best parts is they are semi healthy!
Halloween Ghost Chocolate Covered Strawberries
These spooky ghost chocolate covered strawberries are perfect for a Halloween party or to share with the classroom. Great for kids!
- Fresh whole strawberries
- 1 bag of white candy melts*
- Black food gel colouring or black candy melts
- Tray or baking pan
- Pipping bag with small round tip
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of candy melts for the faces then dump the rest into a microwave safe container.
- Microwave in 20 second intervals to melt, stirring well in between each one.
- While the chocolate is still hot, dip your strawberry in while holding the stem.
- Carefully set the chocolate covered strawberry on your tray and let it set.
- Once your chocolate has hardened, melt the remaining chocolate, then add enough food colouring to make it black. (You can also use black candy melts instead.)
- Put the black chocolate in your pipping bag and decorate your ghosts with whatever style of face you like.
- Chill until you're ready to serve.
* 2 1/2 cups of any white chocolate will work for this recipe, I just like the candy melts for convenience.
Make sure you use firm strawberries for the best results. This is a great one for kids to do too since it doesn't use the stove!